"Above all, taking the shield of faith..." Ephesians 6:16
Faith Baptist Church is an Old Fashioned, Independent, Fundamental, Christ Centered, People Loving, Bible Believing, Baptist Church located in "the pipeline Crossroads of the World," Cushing, Oklahoma where relevant messages that emphasize family values and Christ-like living are taught and preached directly from God's Word, the King James Bible. Our conservative music program is designed to exalt Christ and encourage your spirit through the singing of Gospel hymns and spiritual songs. Faith Baptist Church is a place where children or teens, young marrieds or singles, from the nursery to our senior adults can grow under the preaching and teaching of the Word of God!
We believe and practice the Bible mandate to "preach the gospel to every creature", beginning here in Cushing and reaching "unto the uttermost part of the world" through our world-wide missions program, through this local Baptist church body. Romans 10:1 is truly our desire, "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel (Cushing) is, that they might be saved." If it be our Lord's will, and you become a member of this Church body, then we would love for you to join with us in fulfilling this truly great commission. We invite you to come see what faith does at any of our weekly Services where every visitor is our honored guest!
This We Believe:
- The Bible to be the inerrant, infallible Word of God, plenarily and verbally inspired as well as providentially preserved for us in our King James English translation. We also stand opposed to all modern versions and paraphrases of the Holy Scriptures.
- God is one God manifested in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Christ was virgin born, lived a sinless life, and died a substitutionary death.
- The Lord Jesus Christ ascended and His return which is imminent, will be personal, visible, pre-millenial, and pre-tribulational.
- Man was created by the direct act of God, and man fell into sin by yielding to Satan’s temptation and in direct disobedience to God’s Word.
- Sin is universal, and the human race is totally depraved.
- Salvation is by grace, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith.
- The ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and water Baptism by immersion are to administered and practiced by the local church.
- The bodies of both the just and the unjust will be raised from the dead. The saved will enjoy a literal heaven forever, and the lost will suffer in a literal hell eternally.
- The local Baptist Church is Christ’s ordained institution to preach the Word and to fulfill His commission to take the Gospel to the whole world.
- As a Baptist Church, we oppose all fellowship with the charismatic movement, Calvinism, and ecumenical evangelism.
We exist to glorify God and share the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ by loving people, preaching God’s Word, seeing souls saved, and lives changed! We invite you to come to Faith Baptist Church for Church Services and hear for yourselves the wonderful, blessed teaching of GOD’S WORD!
- Separated (from worldly practices)
- Independent (from denominationalism)
- Fundamental (in faith and practice)
- Bible Believing (King James Bible as the final authority)
- Non-Charismatic (not affiliated with the modern, 20th century Pentecostal movement)
- Soul-Winning (believing in and practicing personal evangelism)
- Missionary Minded (supporting World Missions through Faith Promise)
- Baptist (affirming the Historic Baptist Distinctives)
- Church (local, autonomous, New Testament)